Registration is mandatory if you wish to submit a post through our service and want to avail of other services on our site, like personally contacting the site users by sending a message. Personally Identifiable Information, like a valid and functioning e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, will be collected during the registration process. The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with the site, your location, and applicable law. The collected information will henceforth be used to prove a personalized and enhanced experience on our site. Under any circumstances, the collected personal information will not be revealed to any third party without your explicit consent.
Registered users may choose to receive notifications and other mailings on behalf of our site, which quotes the latest upgrades or services. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings if you wish to do so. The personal information that you have provided can be edited and reviewed at any time. The ‘My Profile’ tab in the ‘My Account section will help you to do so.
Thecustomercomplaints.org uses various techniques to collect Service Usage Data, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. A cookie is a text file stored on the hard disk of your computer/device exhibit that a specific website can access to enable a quicker and efficient customer experience. Cookies also help us collect information such as the browser type, Emilia closet type, recipient, IP address, to help us measure out site performance, provide analytical information, and other purposes for which the technology is intended.
Additional Personal Information
In addition to the Personally Identifiable Information that will be provided at the time of registration, we also collect the following additional personal information:
– Contact details
This includes your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. This information will be primarily used to contact you.
– Content Through Posts
Upon submission of posts on our site, we collect a variety of information related to the posts. The information included in your post will be available to the public, and customer complaints will not control how public individuals will use the information. For the same reason, we recommend that you carefully review the information you include in your post. If you wish to edit your posts, please reach out to our editors at email@example.com
Personal information will be used to enable Correspondence between you, us, and other party users through our site.
– User account information
Your username, password, profile photo, and location.
– Information from social networks
Social media handles Facebook, Google, or Twitter can be used to log in to The customer complaints without registering or entering your password. Hence, your account on the site will display the name and information you use on your social media handle, namely, name and/or username, e-mail address, and profile photo.
– Your device and location information
As already mentioned, our cookies and other tracking technologies will collect data like the recipient IP address, will identify your device, the type of browser you use, browsing information, requests from your browser, date and time of these requests, pages on our site that you have visited, and your location. The gathered information will be utilized to help us analyze problems, administer the site, and enhance our mode of services to our customers and visitors.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the collected or received personal information for the purposes and on the legal bases identified below:
- Provide account access when you log into our website
- Send you newsletters
- Provide updates concerning our services and legal information
- Sending you e-mails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need updated information concerning payments.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Monitor the usage of our websites
- Detect, prevent and resolve reported technical and other issues
- To meet legal requirements, provide information to representatives and advisors, respond to lawful requests by public authorities, combine and de-identify data about members, and personalize the service, content, and our advertisements.
Protection of Information
We enforce strict data protection rights for our members and visitors. The customer complaints will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the complaints, comments, questions, groups (the posts) you submit, with our advertisers, or any third parties for marketing purposes.
We have implemented all generally accepted standards and security measures to protect your Data from unauthorized access, misuse, or destruction.
Even though we as an organization take all technical and administrative steps to ensure complete protection of your data, we plead that you consider the possible technical issues or security breaches that can occur online when sites are beyond our control. Hence, The customer complaints do not guarantee complete and 100% safety.
Our database stores yeh following day, which can also be archived post deletion:
• Registration information.
• Posted Content
• Sent messages concerning posts.
The NAI opt-out page is provided for public convenience. However, the opt-out cookie is set by participating NAI members, who are solely responsible for setting opt-out cookies and respecting your requests. Neither NAI nor its members warrant that the opt-out tool will be error-free or always deliver the intended purpose as no technology is perfect. As a condition of offering this page, NAI exclusively disclaims any liability whatsoever and however caused due to the use of this page or the actions or inactions of NAI members.
The site may disclose information in good faith for reasonable purposes like the following:
- Respond to legal processes like complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms
- Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of members, third parties, customer complaints, or the general public.
Your Data Protection Rights
Depending upon the country in which you reside, you have the following data protection rights:
- To access, edit, update, port, delete, restrict, or object Highly Sensitive Data associated with the processing of your personal information
- Right to be informed about the usage of your personal information
- Right to request the correction and deletion of your data
- Right to restrict the use of your personal information
- Right to withdraw consent to process your personal information
- Right to unsubscribe from all our notifications and newsletters
Correction and deletion of your data
You have complete rights to protect sensitive information such as your phone number, e-mail address, passport numbers, payment card information, social security numbers, etc. that is not viewable by the public but is known by the company representatives. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the exact information that you wish to edit/remove as we do not analyze/investigate the whole complaint. Learn how to do that here.
Removal or deletion of a personal profile implies the removal/anonymity of all data associated with your account. However, the posted complaints and comments will remain visible on our site. Please note that the deletion of your Personal Data also implies that we cannot continue providing services.
How to Contact Us
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have inquiries, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
25 Morris Street
Seguin, TX 78155
Phone: +1 830-401-0777